LancasterHistory.org Awarded Top Prize of New Slate Roof
GSM Roofing, an Ephrata, PA, commercial roofing contractor, is once again giving back to its community and helping Lancaster County nonprofits repair or replace their aging rooftops. The winners of the 2015 Great Roof Giveaway were announced Friday, September 18, 2015, during GSM’s annual customer appreciation luncheon at Foxchase Golf Club, 300 Stevens Road, Steven, PA.
The contest, which kicked off in June, is designed to meet the overwhelming needs of Lancaster County’s nonprofit community. In all, six nonprofit organizations received an award from GSM Roofing and the Gooding Group Foundation, for a total of $27,000 in prizes.
LancasterHistory.org was awarded the top prize of $10,000 for a complete replacement of the slate roof over the Ice House. The other award recipients were as follows:
- Ephrata Elks Lodge Post 1933 – $5,000 toward re-roofing of the lodge at 170 Akron Road
- Winters Heritage House and Museum – $3,500 for new copper fabricated chimney covers
- Historical Society of the Cocalico Valley – $3,500 to repair various leaks to the roof over the print and butcher shops
- American Legion Cloister Post 429 -– $2,500 for design and engineering of a new canopy roof
- Columbia Economic Development Corporation – $2,500 for roof repairs
The roof repairs and installations will take place over the course of the next 6-12 months.
To enter the contest, nonprofits submitted an image or video on the GSM Roofing Facebook page showing the building in need of repair. Then they filled out an online entry form detailing the need and the organization’s impact to the community. The GSM Roofing Great Roof Giveaway judging panel conducted interviews and site visits as part of the selection process.